Հայերեն   English   Русский  

Pakistan contaminated sweets kill 23


  
դիտումներ: 569

BBC - At least 23 people have died from eating contaminated sweets in central Pakistan, police say.

The deaths began last week after a man in Punjab province bought the treats to celebrate the birth of his son.

He and 11 other relatives are among the dead - in all 77 people were affected. Five remain in a serious condition.

Police have arrested two owners of a local sweetshop and one of their employees while the source of the contamination is investigated.

Officials suspect pesticide from a store next to the shop may accidentally have found its way into the laddoos - ball-shaped sweets popular at special occasions.

Laboratory tests are being carried out after police reportedly found sachets of pesticide inside the sweet shop.





Copyright © 2014 — ankakh.com. All Rights Reserved. Նյութերը մասնակի կամ ամբողջությամբ մեջբերելիս ակտիվ` հիպերլինքով հղումը Ankakh.com-ին պարտադիր է: